Kangana Ranaut Wikipedia
Kangana Ranaut Wikipedia
Kangana Ranaut is an Indian film actress and filmmaker known for her bold and versatile performances in the Indian film industry. She has gained immense recognition and acclaim for her portrayal of complex and strong-willed characters. With her talent and outspoken nature, she has emerged as one of the most influential and controversial figures in Bollywood.
Early Life and Background:
Kangana Ranaut was born on March 23, 1987, in Bhambla (now known as Surajpur), Himachal Pradesh, India. She belongs to a Rajput family and was the youngest of three siblings. Her father, Amardeep Ranaut, is a businessman, and her mother, Asha Ranaut, is a school teacher. Kangana completed her schooling at DAV School in Chandigarh and pursued her higher education in science but dropped out to pursue a career in acting.
Career Beginnings and Breakthrough:
Kangana began her acting journey in 2006 with the critically acclaimed film “Gangster,” directed by Anurag Basu. Her portrayal of the troubled character “Simran” earned her widespread recognition and won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She followed it up with powerful performances in movies like “Woh Lamhe” (2006), “Life in a… Metro” (2007), and “Fashion” (2008), for which she received several awards and nominations.
Notable Works and Contributions:
Kangana Ranaut is known for her ability to portray a diverse range of characters, often challenging societal norms and expectations. Some of her notable works include:
- Queen (2013): Kangana delivered a career-defining performance in this coming-of-age comedy-drama, playing the role of a young woman who embarks on a solo honeymoon after her wedding is called off. Her portrayal of “Rani” won her the National Film Award for Best Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- Tanu Weds Manu series (2011, 2015): In this romantic comedy franchise, Kangana played the dual roles of Tanuja “Tanu” Trivedi and Kusum “Datto” Sangwan. Her performances were widely appreciated, showcasing her versatility as an actress.
- Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019): Kangana not only acted in this historical biographical film but also made her directorial debut. She played the lead role of Rani Lakshmibai, the warrior queen of Jhansi, and received acclaim for her performance as well as her directorial vision.
Apart from her acting career, Kangana Ranaut has been vocal about various social and political issues. She has been a strong advocate for women’s rights, mental health awareness, and the importance of speaking up against injustice.
Controversies and Public Image:
Kangana Ranaut is known for her outspoken nature and has often found herself embroiled in controversies. Her candid opinions on various industry-related matters, personal feuds with other celebrities, and remarks on social and political issues have garnered significant attention and polarized opinions.
Kangana Ranaut has largely kept her personal life private. She has been open about her struggles and experiences in the industry but has maintained a low-profile when it comes to her relationships and personal affairs.
- Gangster (2006)
- Woh Lamhe (2006)
- Life in a… Metro (2007)
- Fashion (2008)
- Queen (2013)
- Tanu Weds Manu (2011)
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015)
- Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)
This fictional Wikipedia profile provides an overview of Kangana Ranaut’s life and career. Please note that the information provided is for creative purposes and should not be considered as factual.
Related post : Kangana Ranaut Net Worth