Alka Yagnik net worth 2023: Biography, Salary, Songs, Age, Height, Income, Family
Alka Yagnik is one of the most successful playback singers in India. Yagnik was born in Kolkata on 20 March 1966, in a Gujarati Hindu Family, She started her singing career at the age of 6 years. She sings bhajan for the Akashvani at an early age. In the year 1989, she married Shillong-based businessman Neeraj Kapoor. Alka has a daughter Sayesha and she is 32 years old. Alka’s net worth is estimated to be around INR 30 Crores.
|Full/Real Name||Alka Yagnik|
|Profession Line||Playback Singer|
|Husband||Neeraj Kapoor (Businessman in Shillong)|
Daughter- Syesha Kapoor
|Marriage Date||1989 (year)|
Alka’s most popular song “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai” lands her in controversy. More than 50 politicians opposes the use of vulgar words in that song her song was banned to be shown on Doordarshan and All India Radio.
She also blamed Anuradha Paudwal for stealing her songs and using them in herself voice dubbing and implementing them without any permission.
Personal Life of Alka Yagnik
- Yagnik was born in a well-royal Gujarati family on 20 March 1966 in Kolkata, West Bengal, she was a brilliant student in her school days but she did not like studies.
- In her childhood, she was fascinated with singing as a result, she started her singing career in 1972 when she was just 6 years old in All India Radio Calcutta.
- Alka’s mother supported her singing passion by shifting to Mumbai for her career growth and better singing opportunities.
- Her mother Shubha Yagnik also a singer of Indian Classical Music and interestingly Alka got her singing skills from her mother.
- Yagnik got her first singing training from her mother and She considered her mother as her first Guru, later she took training under the famous singer Kalyanji-Anandji and Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
- She has sung songs in many genres but she was excited and suitable with romantic genres due to which she sang mostly romantic songs in her singing career.
Alka was married to Shillong-based businessman Neeraj Kapoor in 1989, the couple together had a daughter Syesha Kapoor.
|Date of birth||20 March 1966 (Sunday)|
|Age||56 Years (as in 2022)|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal (India)|
|Birth & Zodiac sign||Pisces (based on the date of birth)|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal (India)|
|School Academy||Modern High School for Girls, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Debut||As Singer- Song “Thirkat Ang” film “Payal Ki Jhankaaar”|
|Interest & Hobbies||Dancing, Travelling, Singing, and Reading|
1988: For the song “Ek Do Teen”
2001: For song “Dil NeYeh Kaha Hai Dil Se” National Film Awards
1993: For Song “Ghoongat Ki Aad Se” Lata Mangeshkar Award
2013: Outstanding Contribution to Indian Music Zee Cine Awards
1999: For Song “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”
2020: Zee Cine Special Achievers Award Screen Awards
2002: Special Award for “Kitni Bechain Hoke” for film Kasoor Other Awards
2012: Dr. Ambedkar National Award for Outstanding Contribution To Music 2016: Mirchi Music Award
2019: Atal Mithila Samman for Outstanding Contribution to Indian Music
Note: Along with this, she got many awards in her music career
Alka performed first time in her city Kolkata at Kala Mandir.
- Alka recorded her first song in 1980 for the film “Payal Ki Jhankar” song Thirkat Ang.
- She sing the famous song Ek Do Teen in 1988 for the movie “Tezaab”, she got her first Filmfare award for this song.
- Yagnik has sung in more than 20 regional languages such as Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, etc, she had won 7 Filmfare awards in her singing career.
- Alka had sung more than 9000 songs in her singing career.
- Most of the time, she preferred to record the songs in Mehboob Studio.
- In 2001, her song “Chamma Chamma” for the film “China Gate” was listed in the Hollywood film Moulin Rogue in the category of “Hindi Sad Diamonds”
- She also sang the song “Dil Tha Yahan Abhi Abhi” with her brother Samir Yagnik.
- Alka sung many hit songs like Tip Tip Barsa Paani, Ae Mere Humsafar, Chura Ke Dil Mera, Agar Tum Saath Ho, Dilbar Dilbar and many more.
- Yagnik had worked with almost every music composer in India like Himesh Reshammiya, A.R. Rehman, Anand Milind, Kalyanji-Anandji, Rahul Dev Burman, Rajesh Roshan, Nadeem-Shravan, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, etc.
- The famous song of the film ‘Khalnayak’ is “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai” was voted the hottest song of the decade in the poll conducted by Sanona.
- he was so much inspired by singer late Lata Mangeshkar and considered her guru.
|Food||Pizza, and Dal Makhni with Lassi|
|Cuisine||Indian, Maharashtrian, Gujarati, and Italian|
|Actor||Salman Khan ,Raj Kapoor, Aamir Khan , Amitabh Bachchan|
|Actress||Deepika Padukone, Raveena Tandon ,, and Alia Bhatt|
|Sports Person||Virat Kohli (Cricket player),|
|Musician Person||Neha Kakkar, Lata Mangeshkar, Sonu Nigam, Kumar Sanu, Mohammad Rafi, and Shreya Ghosal|
|Pop Bands||Imagine Dragons, One Republic|
|TV show||Indian Idol and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Little Champs|
|Restaurant||E1 Techo, California|
|Holiday & Festivity Destination(s)||Dubai, California, and London|
|Color & Dye(s)||Pink, White, Yellow|
- On the occasion of Mother’s day 12 May 2019, she reached on top of the most searched artist-mom on the digital platform Spotify.
- She has a habit to read books at night and she uses spectacles during reading.
- She also appeared in the various TV shows as a judge like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’ll Champs (2020), The Kapil Sharma Show (2019), Indian Idol (2018), and Rising Star (2018),
- She also featured in TV drama serials “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2017)” and “Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hai (2016)”as a special guest.
Some minor known facts about Alka Yagnik
- Alka Yagnik does not smoke but drinks alcohol like other celebrities.
- One of the rumor report that, more than a hundred of her song recording was found at Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad.
- She has deep faith in Lord Ganesh and do worship with her family.
- In an interview, she revealed that she records around 5 songs daily.
- She loves to raise animals and has a pet dog in her home and treats as her family member of her pet.
- She also contributed to social work to empower the girl child in India.
- Alka also shared about her #MeToo moment, when one of the film directors decided to meet her and when he arrived at her home and try to sexually harass her but her mother was present there due to which he had to leave her place.
- In 2012, her song “Taal Se Taal Mila” was listed as the best song of the century by a poll conducted through Desi Martini, Hindustan Times, and Fever 104 on the occasions of 100 years of Bollywood Cinema.
- She shared the Filmfare Award with playback singer Ila Arun for the song “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai”. It was the first time that award was shared between the two singers in Film Industry.
- In 2000, she grabbed the National Film Award award by President K R Narayanan in New Delhi.
- The Followers on her Instagram account are around 342k (as of 2022).
- She also has a keen interest in Yoga and she practices Yoga daily to maintain her health.